TTT: Know if you need an IDP before you go

May 26, 2009 at 5:44 pm Leave a comment

Just a couple of days before we left for Germany with our grand plans of driving the autobahn in a few different countries, I remembered reading something about international driver permits being required by some countries.  Ya know, I should’ve thought about that when we were planning to drive in Mexico too, but it didn’t occur to me until it was mentioned on one of the webpages while we were renting the car.

So… for your next trip out of the country, check out this list, which identifies countries requiring IDPs as well as countries in which you should get one or definitely don’t need one.

How do you get one?  Thankfully it’s a quick and easy process.  If you’re planning well in advance, you can get one by mail with AAA by filing out this application and sending it in.  If you’re in a hurry, some AAA offices will make the thing for you in as little as 15 minutes at the same cost as the mail-in form.  Just make sure to call ahead and double check that your nearest office provides this service as not all of them do.


Entry filed under: Planes, trains, autos, boats, Travel Tips.

Destination: Olympia Triangle: Theatre in Oakwood Cemetery

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


May 2009
« Apr   Jun »

Most Recent Posts

%d bloggers like this: