TTT: Renting a vacation home
I’m really looking forward to our upcoming trip to Mexico with one of my BFFs and her husband. We’re renting a gorgeous house in Tulum, Villa Gordon (pictured below). This is a great way to save some cash on your next vacation and my travel tip this Tuesday.
This worked out really well for us in Barcelona, so I’m looking forward to this trip as well. You can’t just randomly pick a vacation home all willy nilly. Here are some tips from me and from Tripso that you should take to heart when you are looking:
- Find out the schedule for any caretakers. I’m excited about Villa Gordon on this particular point. The owner and housekeeper/cook live on the top and bottom floors. It’ll be super easy to ask them where we should go eat or how to turn on the tv.
- Location location location! Be sure to get the deets in advance. If you really want a house on the beach, make sure to see a picture to make sure this is what you’re getting.
- Remember that you get what you pay for. If you’ve found a fab house for half the price of any other, there’s probably a reason. Keep researching…
- Check their references, especially if you have to pay in any way other than a credit card. You’ll have to remember to take some references with a grain of salt though. If your group is only going to be 2 couples in a 4 bedroom house, you’re not going to be hurting for space like a group of 10.
- If you’re picky, book early. The best values are likely to be snapped up right off the bat.
Images of Villa Gordon via Rentalo.com.
TTT: Travel Tip Tuesday
Entry filed under: Travel Tips. Tags: .