Archive for July 22, 2008
On this Tuesday, I’ll defer to Christopher Elliott to provide the day’s travel tips in light of the recent start of the hurricane season. Elliott’s CNN article recommends tips for how to avoid letting a natural disaster ruin your next vacay.
If you can’t make your vacay due to a natural disaster:
1. If you have the right insurance, it’ll cover you.
2. Call your travel agent. Yes, this is one of those things to add to your “pros” list of whether to use a TA.
3. If you can’t get a refund, get a replacement
If you’re on vacay and disaster strikes:
1. Get out ASAP.
2. Get home safely – worry about refunds later.
3. If “they” play the God Card, play the Victim Card.
Check out Elliott’s article for further details.